Perks found in the Station Agent/Train operator contract
So while professional folks such as the vehicle mechanics / electronic technicians might not be compensated as well, apparently the front line workers are making a killing AND with plenty of "perks" that aren't pointed out in most articles.
These guys are beyond spoiled! I found other "perks" in the Station Agent / Train operator contract (http://www.bart.gov/docs/job_descriptions/jobs/CBA/2009_2013_ATU.pdf)
- (3) PAID 15 min breaks, every 2 hours
- PAID 30 min lunch
- OVERTIME if any of above breaks are missed ( OT for missing a PAID lunch?!?)
- $10 medical co-pays w/ elective dental work covered at 75-90%
- pay of OT or even DOUBLE time for working on a regular day off
- $12 lunch allowance if you're not working at your normal worksite
- requirement for all break rooms at stations to have bottled H20, microwave, fridge (a man cave basically?)
- 1K tuition reimbursement
....And this is just in the first 116 Pgs of a 400+ pg contract.